DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Painting (
-   -   Log home mildew/mold problem (

enorman 08-10-2010 10:59 PM

Log home mildew/mold problem

I am building my own log house. I got my raw logs but they have mold/mildew on them. How do I get rid of them (best way - cheapest and best)? I heard that you use bleach and then borax. Is that good? If yes, in what ratio? If no, why and what should I do?

Thank you in advance

mark942 08-11-2010 06:16 AM

I use about 1 to 2 cups of bleach to 1 gallon water. Borax or sodium borate is used for killing wood eating bugs. ( old house borer, round head borers, flat head borers, bark beetles, ambrosia beetles, carpenter bees and drywood termites.
It can also be used as a mildew killer, but I have not used it for that purpose. Sodium Borate that I use is a 1 gallon to 1 gallon ratio product. But like I said, I have not used it for mildew.

Gymschu 09-25-2012 09:03 PM

Are we being spammed?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.