Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #1

Share |

knockdown texture settings

I have done alot of searching and learned alot about spraying knockdown texture but hopefully somone can answer a couple of questions i still have. I have a hopper gun i bought from home depot for around 75 bucks and knockdown trowel about 20" wide. I would like a medium sized knockdown.

I have read that you want the mud to be like a pancake batter.

What pressure should the compressor be at?
Any other tips for this will be greatly appreciated. I will be spraying my basement walls and a couple of soffits. Thanks for help with this.
ponch37300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
All trades carpenter

knockdown texture settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch37300 View Post
I have done alot of searching and learned alot about spraying knockdown texture but hopefully somone can answer a couple of questions i still have. I have a hopper gun i bought from home depot for around 75 bucks and knockdown trowel about 20" wide. I would like a medium sized knockdown.

I have read that you want the mud to be like a pancake batter.

What pressure should the compressor be at?
Any other tips for this will be greatly appreciated. I will be spraying my basement walls and a couple of soffits. Thanks for help with this.
I like to have the pressure between 40 to 50 psi. Also try it out before you texture the whole area. You may want to tweak the mixture and/or psi before you shoot everything. Also depending on the humidity, you will want to test out knocking down the texture. The more humidtiy the longer you will wait to knock down.
CrpntrFrk is offline   Reply With Quote