Kitchen - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Kitchen


Has anyone painted or has seen kitchen cabinets with the frames one color and the doors and drawer fronts a different color? Pictures if so, please.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Jdiehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,634
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Kitchen


Had a client that went with a Mexican theme in the kitchen. A mix of deep green and rusty sort of orange. They mixed frames and fronts. And complimented with fabric. It looked alright for what they were trying to accomplish.

Just don't go to wild and let the color get "busy" on you. You will end up hating it.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Kitchen


I saw a pic somewhere around here that had different colors for the doors and drawers!
It reminded me of a "kid's room" type theme.

DM
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Kitchen


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Had a client that went with a Mexican theme in the kitchen. A mix of deep green and rusty sort of orange. They mixed frames and fronts. And complimented with fabric. It looked alright for what they were trying to accomplish.

Just don't go to wild and let the color get "busy" on you. You will end up hating it.
I am a very neutral kind of girl, I was thinking dark brown frames and off-white doors and drawers. Since I posted this, i've been rethinking the idea - my husband's "what the heck" look, kind of helped!

Thanks for the input though.
Jdiehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 39
Rewards Points: 31
Default

Kitchen


I have white cabinets/frames with the doors a yellowish color and I like it. I'll try and remember to get you some pictures to take a look at.
Plump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: outside ocala fl
Posts: 3,825
Rewards Points: 2,686
Default

Kitchen


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdiehm View Post
I am a very neutral kind of girl, I was thinking dark brown frames and off-white doors and drawers. Since I posted this, i've been rethinking the idea - my husband's "what the heck" look, kind of helped!

Thanks for the input though.
I have seen some that they used like a fairly dark brown on the frames then on the doors and drawers they went like 2 or 3 shades lighter not a real harsh contrast. I thought they looked pretty good.
ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Kitchen


Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolSeeker View Post
I have seen some that they used like a fairly dark brown on the frames then on the doors and drawers they went like 2 or 3 shades lighter not a real harsh contrast. I thought they looked pretty good.
That sounds like a nice combo.

DM

Advertisement

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DangerMouse For This Useful Post:
ToolSeeker (10-20-2012)
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new kitchen needs a facelift (oak cabinets have to stay) EclecticMom Interior Decorating 3 02-12-2012 10:45 PM
Project floor plan for Kitchen and Bath Snav Kitchen & Bath Remodeling 0 01-25-2010 11:51 AM
Kitchen reno, any better suggestions? mgarfield Remodeling 7 01-20-2010 04:37 PM
Crane two handle kitchen deck faucets Nestor_Kelebay Plumbing 1 06-23-2009 09:28 AM
New floor/subfloor in kitchen. Need ideas DanBress Flooring 3 10-20-2008 09:31 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts