Kitchen - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen

Has anyone painted or has seen kitchen cabinets with the frames one color and the doors and drawer fronts a different color? Pictures if so, please.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Jdiehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Kitchen

Had a client that went with a Mexican theme in the kitchen. A mix of deep green and rusty sort of orange. They mixed frames and fronts. And complimented with fabric. It looked alright for what they were trying to accomplish.

Just don't go to wild and let the color get "busy" on you. You will end up hating it.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
the Musigician

Kitchen

I saw a pic somewhere around here that had different colors for the doors and drawers!
It reminded me of a "kid's room" type theme.

DM
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Had a client that went with a Mexican theme in the kitchen. A mix of deep green and rusty sort of orange. They mixed frames and fronts. And complimented with fabric. It looked alright for what they were trying to accomplish.

Just don't go to wild and let the color get "busy" on you. You will end up hating it.
I am a very neutral kind of girl, I was thinking dark brown frames and off-white doors and drawers. Since I posted this, i've been rethinking the idea - my husband's "what the heck" look, kind of helped!

Thanks for the input though.
Jdiehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 31

Kitchen

I have white cabinets/frames with the doors a yellowish color and I like it. I'll try and remember to get you some pictures to take a look at.
Plump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,686

Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdiehm View Post
I am a very neutral kind of girl, I was thinking dark brown frames and off-white doors and drawers. Since I posted this, i've been rethinking the idea - my husband's "what the heck" look, kind of helped!

Thanks for the input though.
I have seen some that they used like a fairly dark brown on the frames then on the doors and drawers they went like 2 or 3 shades lighter not a real harsh contrast. I thought they looked pretty good.
ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
the Musigician

Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolSeeker View Post
I have seen some that they used like a fairly dark brown on the frames then on the doors and drawers they went like 2 or 3 shades lighter not a real harsh contrast. I thought they looked pretty good.
That sounds like a nice combo.

DM

Advertisement

ToolSeeker (10-20-2012)