Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #1

Share |
Thumbs up

Just Used BM Aura

So this is what REAL paint is like eh ?
Hasta la vista Behr.
I just finished painting my family room after what seemed like months of prep after pulling off the old wallpaper. I used BM Aura eggshell. It went on like buttah ! No splattering at all. I'll wait 'till tomorrow to see if I need a second coat.
The only problem(s) this amateur noticed were:
  1. Smells like strong household cleanser (I got a pounding headache). Yes, I had the windows open but it was a very humid day and the air was not circulating very well. 2 aspirin fixed that.
  2. Sags - I was painting walls primed with Cordoba primer using a 3/8" nap roller I got at the BM store. I looked back at areas that I had 'finished' and discovered sags. I know you are not supposed to, but I rolled over the sags figuring that fixing the results of going over areas that were done (2nd coat) would be easier to deal with than the sags.
Anyone else have problems with sags using Aura ? I wonder if I just didn't put too much paint on the roller ? After I noticed the sags, I tried to roll out more area per roller full of paint than I did when I started. That seemed to minimize the sags.

Lew_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #2

Just Used BM Aura

You will get the same painting performance from Sherwin Williams stuff. The key is you purchased some "real" paint instead of whatever it is Behr sells. Based on all the posts by the pros,they avoid Behr like the plaugue. There must be a reason.

beerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Haste Makes Waste

Just Used BM Aura

It's because Behr doesn't compare to real paint .
saggdevil is offline   Reply With Quote