Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #1

Share |

Joint Compound

Hey All,

We have recently moved into our home. I am about to begin painting the walls of one of the bedrooms where I found joint compound spots all over the wall that were never sanded down. Additionally, they have been painted over. Any suggestions for a fast removal of these? There are about 20-25+ around the entire room. I was thinking of just getting a small sheet pad sander to get them down and then going over them with a block/sandpaper. Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

kenm09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Joint Compound

That will work. I would use a random orbital sander with 100 grit paper and a sanding sponge, but either way will be fine. You may need a thin fill of mud after you sand, depending on how the paint film breaks down.

Windows is offline   Reply With Quote