Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #1

Share |

ICI - Glidden - Color Your World

Howdy all. Brand new here, nice to know you! I've been on other forums where members FREAK if Newbs start new threads, so if thats the case here, please accept my humblest apologies...
Anyways, I'm about to embark on homeownership and painting is the first item of priority. My lady is quite concerned about finding the right paint, we've got a fairly substantial discount on ICI (in Canada also includes Glidden and Color Your World), but don't know much about it. Is it like everything else that only the real high-end stuff should really be considered or do they have mid-range products that will do a good job? We have to paint our entire top floor, some of which is quite neutral, some bedrooms have been painted fuschia's and the like...
Alternatively, are there other products that would be smarter to use than a discounted mid-high end ICI from a dollars to headache ratio?

Thanks!
Nathan

nzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #2

ICI - Glidden - Color Your World

oh yeah, my wife has used Behr her whole life and is fine with that. Would ICI have a comparable product that would be cheaper when our discount is applied...?
nathan

nzan is offline   Reply With Quote