DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

How to match paint colors to photoshop?

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Faron79 
#1 ·
I am no professional painter...

I've painted my 3,000 sq. foot home and I have used photoshop to decide my trim colors. The only problem is Sherwin Williams will not take RGB colors to match (which shocks my pants off since that is what they use on their site
). So my first question is how do I go from photoshop to getting that exact paint color? What colors do paint stores need?

Thanks for helping a noob, it is greatly appreciated

See less See more
#3 ·
Paint colors seen on websites or even fandecks will not be exact matches with the actual paint because the means by which the colors are created are all different. An RGB formula isn't an actual color - just a set of instructions that will display differently depending on the monitor type and settings.

#4 ·
2 COMPLETELY different things...

Sorry dude...

RGB: the method for old-school TUBES Electronic Television color-forming.

The paint colors are made from LIQUID paints and colorants.
>>> The systems AREN'T EVEN REMOTELY related.

Paint colors on a computer screen aren't gonna reflect light the same way actual paint does in situ.

Besides, one paint color applied in 6 different homes will look like 6 different colors. Our perception of color is largely dependant on its environment...meaning - your particular lighting, flooring, furniture, other wall-coverings, etc.........

Faron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.