DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Painting (
-   -   How to create this texture (

yxw168 11-11-2010 04:06 PM

How to create this texture
1 Attachment(s)

Just got my drywall patched and would like to put the texture as show in the attachment? Could anyone please tell me what is this texture called and how to create it? Any spray texture will do it?

Thanks a million.


DCCenter 11-11-2010 04:52 PM

that is a spray texture called orange peel. the photo you attached has a either medium or heavy texture. your local paint store should carry this spray texture in water based and oil based. the oil works a little better, but also smells. the can you buy should have a nozzle that can spray the texture thin, medium, or heavy. if you never done the spray texturing before, id try it on a piece of cardboard first.

yxw168 11-11-2010 04:58 PM

Thank you so much for the quick reply. :thumbup:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1