DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Painting (
-   -   Help with unknown wall type and unknown paint type (

needtofixwall 08-18-2010 08:16 PM

Help with unknown wall type and unknown paint type
Hi there. I am fixing up a closet in my "old house".

I have a closet that has masonry or drywall walls (thinking it is drywall). I applied Citrustrip gel (Citristrip Safer Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel - Qt. - QCG73801T at The Home Depot) I bought from Home depot and used up an entire quart. After much scraping, there is still a yellow residue from underneath the paint. I think it might be another layer of enamel paint but I am unsure. Also, there is cracking of the wall and a hole as well.

I have a large container of "Sheetrock all purpose joint compound" which I was intending to use to fill in the hole and cracks. Since I am unsure as to whether it is indeed drywall/sheetrock I could use some assistance.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Matthewt1970 08-18-2010 09:53 PM

That sure looks like concrete board. You can patch it with regular joint compound.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.