Help With Texture - Any Opinions On SW Faux Impressions Products - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with texture - any opinions on SW Faux Impressions products

Hi - I am in the middle of redoing my dining room walls. Wallpaper has been removed, applied Zinsser Gardz, two skim coats (regular joint compound), Gardz again, and now trying to texture. I applied a texture with joint compound and sanded, and I don't like it (rolled on with regular paint roller and back troweled). It is too busy and has trowel marks after sanding (considering renting an electric sander if I have to do much more).

I'm looking for a subtle texture (it doesn't have to be smooth) and don't want to spray (there is a chair rail, wallpaper was only above the chair rail, and there is already a spray texture below).

(This is my third room to texture, and I don't like the walls of the other two. I just live with it because the other two rooms are bathrooms and not seen by visitors. I was going for a smooth texture, but that seems to be impossible for me.)

I'm looking for something that is easier for an amateur to apply than regular joint compound. Lightweight joint compound? Sherwin Williams Faux Impressions, for which I can't find reviews (it appears to be a relatively new line)? After some research, it appears that I should stay away from Behr texture paint.

Please help! Thanks!

Advertisement

Sangiovese is offline   Reply With Quote