Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with paint color

I'm getting a new taupe colored couch for my living room. I have gold framed pictures hanging on the wall and a beautiful Chinese red rug on the hardwood floors. The adjoining dining area will be painted in a Tuscany gold faux. Please help with living room wall color ideas. I was going to do an accent wall in red but the gold faux makes it look like USC Trojan colors.

luvwaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Help with paint color

Picking a color is a personal choice IMHO. Without seeing your furnishings, lighting, adjoining rooms etc. it would be very hard to give suggestions over the internet. Only you know what colors you would like. Maybe a place to start is by pulling an accent color out of your rug??????? If you are having the faux finish done by a professional they may have suggestions for you.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Help with paint color

Play with the virtual painting tools I use from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore. I use Color Impact from Tiger Color out of Oslo in my work. I run the color codes explored through easyrgb.com to get the nearest major paint manufacturer color chip names and numbers. Sorry, Behr-ly paint is not in the easy rgb list for some reason.

Make sure you remember to inventory all the colors you have in the room including flooring, ceilings and especially lighting color. And borrow or buy a complete color fan from or whatever from a real paint store. Grabbing chips from a stand at a box store with those mercury hallide green lights above would drive me crazy.

Get larger swatches. I get 8x8s from Benjamin Moore in client hands within a day if necessary. Or I just have a quart of something mixed to paint out to see who the color will work when they are actually in it and using it.

Nicely chosen room color is sort of like parking a Bentley or Rolls all day long. If you are not going to like the color when actually in the room, you are just paying to park a poor color choice nobody will notice.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote