Help Me With Bids/ For Painters Contractors - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Exclamation

help me with bids/ for painters contractors

ok i have been painting homes for a long time now, its good money, doing apartments for cheep is not a big money maker, how do u guys do it, in doing alot of them you make some money,if u do them your self- if you hire someone even for cheep, and by the time u buy paint your not comming out with too much, i know there is extras but is there alot to make your big money? if you could give me some advice this would help alot. thanks ~ray

Advertisement

rayrayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Painting Contractor

my opinion if you are gonna do apt. re-paints... dont bank on them... target other markets... they are really not worth doing... they are not money makers... you would have to do them so fast that there is no quality control... its up to you... I dont do them...I have standards...Id say stick with your homes...but... if you are doing them ONLY use them for fill in on your schedule...leave the apts. for the lowball backyard painters...

Advertisement

JMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #3

i think your right, iam worth more than what they want to give me- and they are not in good shape, my hart is in the homes, non of this get it done fast/ half ass crap thaks for the tip jmgp
Old 01-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
Contractor

Rewards Points: 500

ray, get a license and ins. and come join us on the contractors forum. It sound like you're ready to make the leap. Contracting in my neighborhood without a license is a felony, doing it without ins. is idiocy in today litigious society.

This is an invite. Come over to http://www.contractortalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44 and introduce yourself. Explain that you have a desire to go into the painting business. Then make a similar post here http://www.contractortalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 and you will get the info that you need on becoming legit. I'd much rather see you as a licensed contractor than some jackleg that loses everything that they own due to a single mishap. This CAN and DOES happen multiple times every day. Great bunch of guys and gals there too.
Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #5

i have a ss-4 id from the govement- and i have a 2mil coverage, good to go- thanks for the tip tho-