Help, Interthane 990HS? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help, Interthane 990HS?

Ok so I work for a fairly well know entity. Not sure If I'm supposed to say what it is but here is an anagram: Nayv. There are 4 men in an office with no contracting experience and we are supposed to be painting 2 stairwells. The stairwells are cement with metal handrails.

The original paint given for the indoor stairwells was Interthane 990HS blue. It didn't dry properly and is still tacky and will leave blue paint on your hands 2 months later. We found out that it wasn't even supposed to be stocked, let alone given out to people to paint stairs indoors. So we are waiting for the correct paint.

My question is, what is the best way to repaint these 2 stairs. My LPO tends to just start doing things without researching or thinking about it. That's why were are in this mess to begin with, but he'll listen if I come up with an actual correct way to do it. I don't want to paint these stairs for a third time, please help.

Advertisement

oooo96818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Help, Interthane 990HS?

Hey Sailor! (I had to do that) I looked over the TDS for Interthane, probably not something you should be trying at home. Since your problem is not drying with a two part system I'm guessing that you didn't properly mix your parts. Two part systems need to be mixed thoroughly with power agitation, not shaken or stirred by hand, lest all of one part not be exposed to the other part, the activator, which begins the chemical hardening process. I've heard those stories before but honestly don't know how to resolve. My best advice would be to contact international-pc.com, speak to the tech department and ask them. Besides, I don't need NCIS knocking on my door. . Products/questions like yours cause eyes to glaze over here, probably why no one's touched your question. Good luck and thank you for your service. Come back when your living room ceiling is giving you trouble.

PS Wasn't this an episode on McHales Navy. Ensign Parker? Okay, I'm done. Godspeed!

Advertisement

Last edited by jsheridan; 08-16-2011 at 04:53 AM.
jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
NACE Coating Inspector

Rewards Points: 500

Help, Interthane 990HS?

i agree with joe. my cousin worked for paint company a few years back. when they where doing inventory one day and they came across a bunch of epoxy that was missing all of the part B. they had a feeling that they had a theft problem and had a clue on who might have been the culprit but they had no proof until one day a lady came in and ripped him a new one because the paint that they sold to her contractor was junk and it never dried on all of her porch railings and exterior trim. so..... you will have to contact a paint rep for proper removal that will probably involve lots of solvent cleaning.
mustangmike3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Help, Interthane 990HS?

Thanks guys, guess I'll get in touch with the people that made the paint then.

Edit: It has to be cleaned off with a solvent. Lots of solvent.

Last edited by oooo96818; 08-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.
oooo96818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,214

Help, Interthane 990HS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo96818 View Post
Thanks guys, guess I'll get in touch with the people that made the paint then.

Edit: It has to be cleaned off with a solvent. Lots of solvent.
That just plain sucks. Too bad you cannot make the LPO do it
chrisn is online now   Reply With Quote