Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #1

Share |

Graco TrueCoat Plus

Hi,

I want a paint sprayer for small jobs. I want to paint a bathroom. At some point, I will want to paint a bedroom. Not more than one room at a time. I read the claims of the TrueCoat Plus and it sounds good, but I know that a Wagner is not what it claims. I think that it is worth the extra money to go with the better pump of the Plus. I don't really care about the battery power of the Pro.

1) I want to spray latex without having to thin it.
2) I want to spray the ceiling. It claims that you can spray floors and ceilings, but not sure if tipping the cup causes a problem with paint flow.

3) Of minimal significance, but is it practical to paint a room with the small paint cup. I can get the Graco Project Paint Plus; however, I like the convenience and easy clean-up of the handheld. I am more concerned with being able to paint ceilings than having to refill the cup a few times.

Thanks,

David

bb46970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
handpaintedbysteve.com

Graco TrueCoat Plus

Hey David,

Believe me when I tell you, you do NOT want to spray walls or ceilings in an occupied home, and you do not want a piece of equipment that only sprays a quart of paint at a time before having to refill the reservoir. The average bedroom takes two gallons of paint or more, do the math. The piece of equipment you are looking at was designed for garage doors, shutters, bath tubs, passage doors, staircases, fences and the like. You will be opening up a can of worms using it for what you described, not to mentions spending $200 for a speciality item. Go a few more bucks and get a machine that will do what you need.

Anytime you break out a sprayer of any size, the clean up of the machine is the most important part of anything you do. Nothing is worse than getting everything ready to go you pull the trigger and nothing happens, all because the machine wasn’t cleaned out right when you used it last.

What range of tips can this gun use, how many times can it be rebuilt? Remember too a tip can cost around $45 each.

Think about it. It’s a nice piece of equipment in the right hands but an expensive toy if it doesn’t pay for itself.

Steve
www.handpaintedbysteve.com

spraygunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Sprayboy-services.com

Graco TrueCoat Plus

The Trucoat is more for a guy just painting the occasional door where you don't want to charge up your big unit. You might be better off with a used Graco 390 or a Nova with a 25' hose and a gun. Especially for ceilings. You can also power a roller attachment and draw from a multi-gallon bucket. I have never heard of anyone using a Trucoat to paint multiple rooms. I think you can only rebuild it once before it hits the garbage pile.
Sprayboy is offline   Reply With Quote