Good Air Gun Sprayer For DIY'er Exterior Home Painting - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Good Air Gun Sprayer for DIY'er exterior home painting

Hello Friends,
So what's a good spray system for a DIY'r such as myself for painting the exterior of my house? In 99-2003 I worked in a specialty gas manufacturing plant and worked in the paint shop painting all different sized steel cylinders of all different weights as well. They had a kickin' system, Graco gun and pump system where you put the pump right on a 5 Gal bucket of latex paint. It fed back to one of the main compressors. It worked great. However, I can't get maneuver a 5 Gal bucket on a ladder so I'm wondering why the pro's use. My house isn't two stories so I won’t necessarily need scaffolding. I do have a 40-50 gal air compressor and can use that. I'm open to suggestions. I will be using most likely a latex stain or paint.
Suggestions on a decent, quality portable spray system?
Thanks,
~S

Advertisement

Skelleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelleyman View Post
Hello Friends,
So what's a good spray system for a DIY'r such as myself for painting the exterior of my house? In 99-2003 I worked in a specialty gas manufacturing plant and worked in the paint shop painting all different sized steel cylinders of all different weights as well. They had a kickin' system, Graco gun and pump system where you put the pump right on a 5 Gal bucket of latex paint. It fed back to one of the main compressors. It worked great. However, I can't get maneuver a 5 Gal bucket on a ladder so I'm wondering why the pro's use. My house isn't two stories so I won’t necessarily need scaffolding. I do have a 40-50 gal air compressor and can use that. I'm open to suggestions. I will be using most likely a latex stain or paint.
Suggestions on a decent, quality portable spray system?
Thanks,
~S

Forgot to add the link sorry, http://www.cjspray.com/homeowner-spr...er-262800.html

You don't want/need an air compressor with one of these units,but you do need to back roll.

Advertisement

Last edited by Canarywood1; 12-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 602

Really need an airless spray unit, Unless you have used one before you can make a real mess a whole lot faster.
Unless your willing to spend at least $400.00 your going to spend way to much time playing with it trying to get it to work.
If you really want to do this and it's the only job you have for it you may want to try renting one.
With an airless the unit sits on the ground and you use long hoses with the gun attached.

Last edited by joecaption; 12-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote