Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #1

Share |

Glow in the dark paint for walls advice

Hello

Im running a little project and need some advice. I am wanting to paint a wall in glow in the dark paint (quite a big wall) and have been reading online as much as I can as to which paints etc to use. Basically I would be wanting it to last for a very long time, years if possible. I read that this is possible if using a sealant over the paint, is this correct? if so can anyone recommend long lasting glow in the dark paint & sealant?

Many thanks

Luke

lukeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you can get glow in the dark plastics you could laser cut to whatever shapes you want. Otherwise you can put clear coat finishes over glow in the dark paints. You can get GITD inks, threads and fabric dyes too.

Reminds me of the Radium Girls. They used to lick their artists' brushes to get a fine point for painting watch dials. Their plight led to landmark lawsuits. You should not be stepping into similar territory but in our litigious society, do be careful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Paint Pro

rustoleum makes a glow in the dark paint. . . it isnt very durable. . but i think clear coating over it may cover the glow in the dark properties. i dont know this for sure, but it would be something to consider if you go the paint route
Expert Paint is offline   Reply With Quote