Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Share |

Front and back stairs painted red, what to do?

Hi all,

My first post here. I hope i'm posting this in the right place and that you guys can help me out with lots of little projects I expect to take on! I just bought a house and the front and back stairs are made of concrete and the old owner had painted them red (the paint is now chipping). It's an old 1956 beach cottage style house. There are 3 stairs that lead into the front door and 3 stairs that lead out from the back sliding glass door. The color of the house is yellow with white trim. I was thinking about covering the concrete with some kind of fake stone tile, but I'm not sure if that'll look good with this kind of house. Brick may be an option, but I'd like to keep it someone cheap and easy to do myself. Anyone have any ideas? I think the painted concrete looks really cheap and old.

schnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #2

Front and back stairs painted red, what to do?

there is a product out there called roller rock and spread stone - both by a company called Daisch coatings. I have used both and they are pretty good. The spread stone has a real nice look to it but can be a pain to work with - takes a little practice. good luck!

mazzonetv is offline   Reply With Quote