DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Painting (
-   -   Flecto or dimpled paint (

James Nolan 01-03-2009 04:27 AM

Flecto or dimpled paint
1 Attachment(s)
We have recently moved house into a 1990's build and most of the walls are covered in what I think was called"Flecto" picture attached. It is very hard to remove and would be very labourious. is there ant paint or plaster that i could apply to smooth out as we don't like the dimpled look and would prefer flat walls to paint or wallpaper.

Dusty 01-04-2009 07:09 AM

I had a wall like this in my last house...I think all you can do is have it skim coated or covered with new drywall. I tried to sand mine and it was like rock. Awful stuff to try and get rid of. I never did find any product that would camouflage it, even the heavy duty type wallpapers wouldn't do it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1