Fiberglass Shower Stall - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Fiberglass shower stall

Hi Fellas.Well it's been awhile since I have been on here and I guess you know what that means,I'm looking for some of you guy's to help me with a little problem.It's regarding a fiberglass shower stall in our ensuite.If any of you can remember last time i was on here in last summer I was redoing the master bedroom.Well I'm on to the ensuite now and well back to the shower stall.Can a fiberglass shower stall be repainted?Or gelcoat or whatever?The toilet ,sink and shower stall are grey,we would like to replace with white fixtures but I can't see ripping the shower stall out and encountering who knows what kind of problems with that.I would rather replace the toilet and sink and see if the shower stall can be repainted instead of taking it out.I really would like to be able to have a top job done,I don't want to be told from a tradesman in the business in my area of the country that it can be done only to have the paint come off a year or two later.Please let me know your thoughts guys
Many Thanks P.S. Would this subject be better in another forum on here or will it get more attention here?
scarrylarry

Advertisement

scarrylarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Painting Company, NY

Rewards Points: 542

Fiberglass shower stall

It can be, but it will probably be cheaper for you to replace it. You need special products for refinishing of tubs, and your shower stall. You can't just by these products at your local big box store and to apply them you will need to use an HVLP sprayer.

Advertisement

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Coatings Nerd

Rewards Points: 250

Fiberglass shower stall

Benjamin Moore, Sikkens, TWP, PPG, Airless sales and service

Last edited by NCpaint1; 03-07-2011 at 08:17 AM.
NCpaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote