Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #1

Share |
Cool

Fence painting

A friend has a either a ceder or redwood fence. She wants to paint it a light green. Can it be done and lool nice? or does it have to be stained. Also the proper proceedure for either painting or stain. How to apply, sprat, brush?
PolskiEdju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Painting Company, NY

Fence painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolskiEdju View Post
A friend has a either a ceder or redwood fence. She wants to paint it a light green. Can it be done and lool nice? or does it have to be stained. Also the proper proceedure for either painting or stain. How to apply, sprat, brush?
If you want a painted look on a fence I would use a solid stain, such as Cabot ProVT this way you will have the benefits of a stain, but a painted look, they have over 100 colors to choose from and it will also save you from having to prime the fence first, apply it with a brush, roller, or sprayer and apply 2 coats, its a waterbourne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to housepaintingny For This Useful Post:
PolskiEdju (05-02-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #3

Fence painting

House Painter New York, Thanks a bunch, you have answered my question. I will let her know, and i am sure that I will have the task of doing the painting.
PolskiEdju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
Painting Company, NY

Fence painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolskiEdju View Post
House Painter New York, Thanks a bunch, you have answered my question. I will let her know, and i am sure that I will have the task of doing the painting.
Your welcome and good luck

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote