Exterior Colors For Tudor Home - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

exterior colors for tudor home

I am repainting my tudor home. It was built in 1930l. It has brown brick and wood windows and tudor accents. grey roof. What colors are suitable?

Advertisement

lrbety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 678

Do two things, Google English Tudor and go down to the picture section and bring it up to see what you think would look good on your home.

Go to any major paint manufactures web site and see if they have a color selectior area, some even let you down load a picture of your home and you can change the colors on screen.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Do two things, Google English Tudor and go down to the picture section and bring it up to see what you think would look good on your home.

Go to any major paint manufactures web site and see if they have a color selectior area, some even let you down load a picture of your home and you can change the colors on screen.
I know the Benjamin Moore Personal Color Viewer has a tudor in their photo collection you can virtually paint as Joe suggests. If you have the patience, you can upload a photo of your own home and mask it into paint areas. The Ben Moore color viewer is free and there is a web and a download version. You need to load Adobe Air before the download version will work and you have to register it.

Are you bound by any historical preservation district regulations? I hate to see you make your selection, get everything painted, and find yourself in trouble for non-compliance.

Glad to see you inventoried the color of your roof as part of your paint selection. A lot of people forget this, pick decent colors for the siding and trim and still end up with something goofy looking because of the roof color.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote