Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
SPB

Share |

Dull Spots

Fixed about 3 screw pops on my stairwell and pulled the poped screw out and put 1 above and 1 below and then filled with joint compound. Then I spot primed with a roller the spots with Benjermin Moore all purpose primer and feathered it out onto the existing painted wall. Then once that dried I put on one coat of what was on the wall which was an eggshell and feathered it out to about a 1 ft by 1 ft area. Then I painted the hole stairwell but went from a eggshell to a matte. Now I can see each 1 ft by 1 ft area I feathered out because these spots are duller than the wall. It has been over 2 weeks since the top coat was put on. Will putting 1 more full coat on the stairwell take these away or do i have to feather these spots out again and then put 1 more coat on the whole stairwell or do i have to prime the hole stairwell then repaint it. Hoping 1 more coat will take care of the problem. Using duration paint.

Thanks.

SPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Dull Spots

One more coat should cover it.

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote