Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #1

Share |

Does Frogtape really work?

Wonder if this stuff will do a better job than blue tape. They claim to get better results but I don't know if that's just marketing fluff.

Last night I painted a corner (wall/ceiling) with blue tape and the paint still seeped through even though i pressed the tape really hard on the edges. On drywall surfaces (little 'bumpies' ; not really smooth), I found blue tape doesn't work for me.

I watched professionals on youtube do ceiling/walls by freehand without tape and I don't have the skill to do that. I know because I tried last night! Disaster. Now I gotta find white paint to go over the 'spill' from my brush attempts!

Grrr...

HeyItsJoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #2

walls with a lot of texture are nearly impossible to make a strong seal since the texture raises up the tape. that being said the amount of paint you have on the brush is key to the finish. if you keep the brush light and go for two light coats versus one heavy one you'll really reduce that drip through. if you have enough paint on your brush it's running down, gotta lighten that up.

racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
paper hanger and painter

As posted nothing will really work well on textured walls and or ceilings. The frog tape does work even if it is expensive
chrisn is online now   Reply With Quote