DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Do you reuse paint tray liners?

20K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  joecaption 
#1 ·
I have never used the disposable paint trays liner in my life. decided today to pick some up. So do people really throw them away after 1 use?

#2 ·
Yes of course. What else could be the point of using one? Cleaning them takes a lot of time and puts a lot of paint into our rivers and lakes.

Paint rollers: do not clean, throw out
Paint tray liners: do not clean, throw out
Brushes: clean (they are expensive, and contain relatively little paint)

#5 ·
Those things are so thin you are likely to crack them trying to clean them thereby defeating the purpose. Toss them when done.

I too use roller covers only for the job at hand. When done, I toss them rather than spend gallons of fresh water cleaning them. Nice lambswool ones would be an exception but I just did not pay enough for decent ones in bulk to warrant the labor either.

I had nice molded plastic paint trays that cleaned up nicely. At one point the dollar store near me got a truckload and I stocked up. They held up well from job to job but at $1 each it did not break the bank to toss them.

#6 ·
I've been using the heavy duty wide alumium foil for a pan liner for years.
Take's less storage area in my trailer, cost less then buying pans, not going to get damaged before I get to use it like cheap pans can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.