Dirty Dirty Fingers.....do I Have To Go Gloss - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Dirty Dirty Fingers.....do I have to go gloss

Basement Stairs with the *ceiling* to the basement stairs is the stairs right above.

So as you walk down the stairs, it kinds comes natural to the hand that you *touch* the very bottom of the inclined ceiling at times.

Kids rec room so it sees lots of traffic..

We're planning to use Aura Eggshell on the walls. I've have great luck with the color and it's scrubbabiltity on it - which is minor, but it doesn't leave any marks afterwards.

Not a big fan of gloss but SHOULD I go semi-gloss for this application or am I wrong in associating *sheen level* with east of taking a sponge / cloth and doing a wipedown

Advertisement

mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
MarginallyQualified

Rewards Points: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
So as you walk down the stairs, it kinds comes natural to the hand that you *touch* the very bottom of the inclined ceiling at times.
Put something else there to grab instead.

Advertisement

TarheelTerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Either one should allow cleaning. Your choice!

DM
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Ha. There is a brand new set of stairs and handrails to boot. Stairs are very solid. It's just *natural* to the hand that when you walk down, you just kinda touch the top, just because. I too am guilty of doing it.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Rubbin walls since'79

Rewards Points: 2,000

The beauty of Aura is it is one of the most cleanable paints in all of its sheens- egg should be fine.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
Basement Stairs with the *ceiling* to the basement stairs is the stairs right above.

Kids rec room so it sees lots of traffic..

We're planning to use Aura Eggshell on the walls. I've have great luck with the color and it's scrubbabiltity on it - which is minor, but it doesn't leave any marks afterwards.

Not a big fan of gloss but SHOULD I go semi-gloss for this application or am I wrong in associating *sheen level* with east of taking a sponge / cloth and doing a wipedown
I agree with Brushjockey on this one. The egg-shell is fine. Aura is a top of the line paint and it's known for to be durable and scurbable. If you don't mind the little bit of elbow grease in getting the finger prints off then I say keep the sheen you have.

Advertisement

BraniksPainting is offline   Reply With Quote