DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Differences between SW Duration, Superpaint and Cashmere?

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DIYHelper 
#1 ·
I posted in another thread about kitchen colors, and when I do decide on a color, I plan to buy SW paint for the first time. I was wondering what the differences are between their three top end paints? Duration, Cashmere and Superpaint. I called my local SW store yesterday, and found out that Superpaint is on sale till the end of the month, and when asked what the differences were, the salesman said they were pretty similar (I actually asked about the differences between Superpaint and Cashmere). Thanks!

Steve

#3 ·
Joe is right, SuperPaint and Cashmere are Vinyl Acrylic paints. From the sound of it, Cashmere has more surface smoothness, which means its going to be less durable than SuperPaint.

You probably don't want to do Cashmere in a kitchen. It wouldn't hold up would be my assessment.

Duration is styrenated acrylic which is more durable than both the others, but at a bit of a cost premium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.