DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Deck stain help...

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Matthewt1970 
#1 ·
Time to stain my deck for the first time. I would like to go with a clear. It was built 4 years ago with pressure treated lumber. The green tint kind. The green is gone. I went to home depot and saw the cleaner/prep stuff. Spoke with the lady there and she told me that there is no really good product that will last more than 2 years (vancouver,canada area). This deck gets a lot of sun constantly. What do you recommend for maximizing the stain? And what brand?

#4 ·
I went to home depot and saw the cleaner/prep stuff. Spoke with the lady there and she told me that there is no really good product that will last more than 2 years (vancouver,canada area).
More like 2 months with the crap they sell. Go to a real paint store. Get a bottle of deck cleaner and follow the instructions. Then get some real deck stain preferbly in a semi-transparent for traffic areas. Sikkend is aboutthe best in the business. They still have plenty of the oil based stuff left around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.