Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Color choice for front door.

I saw an online video where the person was suggesting painting the front door to make it pop or be the first thing someone notices when they look at my house. I thought I would try it but I did not know what color to try. My trim is shell white and the stucco is Taupe Sand. I will check around but I thought I would try on here and see if I could get some suggestions.

Pawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 0

Color choice for front door.

You have some muted colors so don't go overboard. I would go to one of the free virtual painting programs offered by the major paint companies. I use Benjamin Moore's for example. Select an image of an exterior similar to yours and fill in the trim and body colors close to what you have. Then play around with different door colors. When you find something you like, go the paint store and look at the real swatch. Prime and paint your door for that matter to try it out. You will only need a quart or so.

You can also import a picture of your home into the software if you have time and patience to mask out the different painted areas.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote