Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #1

Share |

Closet Door Troubles

I know normally you paint doors the same color as the trim but what do you do when the closet door takes up a whole wall? Would it be too big to do in the trim color? I'm painting my sons nursery a primary yellow and the trim is white so I'm worried that it will be too much white. But I also think it would probably look weird to paint the door yellow. Another idea I had was to paint the door white but then do some stencil work to make it look less "white" but I'm worried that might be too busy... Does anyone have advice or ideas for me? I'm totally lost. Thanks

brycesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 AM   #2

Closet Door Troubles

what about painting the door white and painting the trim yellow?

GetYourShineBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
NAV

Closet Door Troubles

Keep all the trim the same color - white if that is what you like.

paint the closet doors an accent color - either darker or lighter yellow than what you like or you can totally change it up to something that goes well with the wall color.
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Remodeler

Closet Door Troubles

Are the doors flat or do they have raised panels?

You can do other things like install mirrors, paint a mural, put a decorative hook on the outside and hang something decorative or your favorite outfits for him.

It's a child's room so have fun with it. How many doors are there and do you have a theme for the room?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
residential
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
KlintP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #5

Closet Door Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlintP View Post
Are the doors flat or do they have raised panels?

You can do other things like install mirrors, paint a mural, put a decorative hook on the outside and hang something decorative or your favorite outfits for him.

It's a child's room so have fun with it. How many doors are there and do you have a theme for the room?
It's 2 flat sliding doors, the nursery theme is Cocalo Alphabet Soup http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr...coc711033.html which is very busy already...
brycesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #6

Closet Door Troubles

What a cute theme! If you want to keep things simple, I'd paint the doors white. It might be a nice break from the bright yellow.

But since it's a baby's room, you could get away with painting them one of the other colors in the theme. And since they are flat doors, you could paint a design to match the theme (although you sound like you are trying to tone down the room since you mention how busy it is a few times). So why not try white and you could always change it later.

ColorMyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote