DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

cleaning oil based primer off my body

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kuj0317 
#1 ·
I primed my walls today with Zinsser Coverstain, which is an oil based primer. I got some on my body. I do not wish to put mineral spirits on my skin. Do you have any suggestions on how to remove it?

I have found some success using an abrasive face wash, but it is expensive and I do not want to use too much of it.

Thanks.

-K

#7 ·
Skin absorbs whatever is on it- I used a thinner rag forever- but not really a great idea over the long run.
All waterless hand cleaners work, but they have spirits in them mellowed with lanolin.
Oiling up before starting with baby oil or a crappy hand lotion keeps the paint from sticking and makes clean up much easier.

#9 ·
the baby oil helped, but I already had it on my skin, so it just thinned it out a bit. I definately see how putting that on first would have made this much easier.

I used mostly apricot scrub - a face wash with abrasive in it, then some baby oil, then more apricot scrub. It did the trick.

I'll try and get some Permatex.

THank you all for your suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.