Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #1

Share |

ceiling paint

what is the best one coat ceiling paint

sylviacarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

ceiling paint

If I had to pick, this would be it.
One coat?? depends
Attached Images

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Paint Store

ceiling paint

Thats the stuff. Benjamin Moores waterborne ceiling paint is the easiest to work with, and its very forgiving if you are not a professional painter. Cant tell you how many times I've seen home owners or novice painters use other ceiling paints that left lap marks everywhere. Its a bit more expensive than other ceiling paints, but its going to make your job so much easier and look so much better. Your local Benjamin Moore dealer should have it stocked in white and light bases. If you are planning on a really dark color, you should call ahead.
DCCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #4

ceiling paint

i wind up doing work in existing home sales quite a bit. every single time i have been in a house and the ceilings are being painted by the paint crew it's either the above pictured paint of sherwin classic 99. for as long as i can remember i have not seen another paint used by any of the local paint pros
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
paper hanger and painter

ceiling paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
i wind up doing work in existing home sales quite a bit. every single time i have been in a house and the ceilings are being painted by the paint crew it's either the above pictured paint of sherwin classic 99. for as long as i can remember i have not seen another paint used by any of the local paint pros
That would be my second pick, especially if $ was an issue
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #6

ceiling paint

I've used ICI /Dulux paints for years , in my area they have now been bought out by Glidden Professional. I just did my first job with the Glidden Professional line and it was excellent. Every bit as good a Ben Moore or Sherwin Williams and not quite as expensive.
JMDPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
Painting Contractor

ceiling paint

Sherwin Williams is a fine product. Ben Moore is as well, just more expensive and I don't think worth it. However, depending on the condition of the ceiling, one coat may not cover regardless of which paint you use. If there are water stains, Sherwin Williams White pigmented shellac is the only product I have used that covers the stains permanently. Additionally, do not use a cheap roller sleeve. They will leave fuzz on the surface. If you have a textured ceiling you will need the proper nap on the roller sleeve. Talk to your local Sherwin Williams or Ben Moore store for the proper advice. The big box stores do not always have the best advice. Good luck.

tibo613 is offline   Reply With Quote