Can I Texture Over Painted Concrete? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Can I texture over painted concrete?

I'm finishing my basement. The foundation walls are in great shape and are painted with latex paint. Instead of attaching furring strips or framing and drywall, I'd like to just use the concrete walls. But because they are concrete, you can still see irregularities, etc, where the forms once were. Is there a thick material I can apply to the walls to cover the irregularities and smooth out the walls? Block fill is not thick enough. Joint compound sticks and looks great - but can I do that with joint compound? Or is there another material? Removing the paint is out of the question.

Advertisement

kp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 502

Can I texture over painted concrete?

As long as you have a sound surface, any texturing material should work fine. Textured joint compound, texture paint, whatever you like. The surface will behave no different from drywall.

SirWired

Advertisement

sirwired is offline   Reply With Quote