Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

can I correct this paint tint?

I bought a small sample jar of Behr paint and tinted it to the wrong color. Can I have this color corrected? How can I tell if their formulas are close enough to correct?

littleton5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
40+yrs Paint Trades

Rewards Points: 75

Hard to tell without seeing what you have and what you want. But usually if you want to go darker it's a good sign. If the color you want is on the same color card in the deck it's another good sign.

If nothing else a small sample jar of paint costs how much?

hoz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Hey littleton5,
Good question, pretty common problem more often itís the color doesnít look the same on the walls and people decide to alter it, which as long as a few factors are right then it is usually not a problem. Although to answer without knowing the colors, the bases, or what tint goes into them is pretty difficult. Each paint has a number of different bases in order to achieved different colors, Behr happens to have 3 an ultra pure white, a medium and, a deep base. If the bases between the two colors are similar the odds that they are able to alter your sample is greater and it is all up to what tints been added and what needs to be added at this point which I suggest you bring the sample back to them and they will have no problem adding more tint if thatís what it needs. If not the cost of a new sample currently sits at $2.94(Chicago market), which you can start fresh and be certain itís the color you are looking for. Have any other questions let us help you out.
Jeff
HDwetPaint is offline   Reply With Quote