Originally Posted by joecaption
You have mold growing and your worred about a mildicide?
Primer is poris, to much humidy in the room and you have mold.
Did anyone say he had to buy a case of it? Not me. You can buy a small pack of it for a gal. or a single bottle at any hardware, paint store, Home Depot.
Easy there, Joe, just busting your chops all in good fun. No, he doesn't have to buy a case. In fact, I wouldn't buy any at all. I have found the mildewcides that are added to paint are ineffectual. You are more than correct to say that the mold needs to be removed and the root causes need remedied before doing anything to the paint. Let's be honest here. Any where there is moisture and something (paint, in this case) for the mildew to feast on, you will have mildew/mold growth.