DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Painting (http://www.diychatroom.com/f4/)
-   -   Best product (http://www.diychatroom.com/f4/best-product-114738/)

Margeahill 08-20-2011 08:50 PM

Best product
 
I am wondering if Behr has the best deck stain on the market.

mustangmike3789 08-20-2011 08:59 PM

yes it does. if you like massive early coating failures you cant go wrong with behr products. as far as i know, behr has the best failure rate on decks.

ltd 08-20-2011 09:36 PM

yes its the best ,according to a leading consumer report that no one ever heard of.:huh:

Gymschu 08-20-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangmike3789 (Post 711853)
yes it does. if you like massive early coating failures you cant go wrong with behr products. as far as i know, behr has the best failure rate on decks.

Been a painter for 35 years. In all that time, I have never, ever heard of any real professional painter (concerned with a reputation for quality) use Behr stain or paint for any project. Did I say NEVER.......yes, NEVER.

chrisn 08-21-2011 03:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gymschu (Post 711893)
Been a painter for 35 years. In all that time, I have never, ever heard of any real professional painter (concerned with a reputation for quality) use Behr stain or paint for any project. Did I say NEVER.......yes, NEVER.


I agree:yes:

"better to leave the walls bare than put Behr on the walls"

jsheridan 08-21-2011 04:51 AM

I suspect a set-up here by a dastardly provocateur.

housepaintingny 08-21-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margeahill (Post 711845)
I am wondering if Behr has the best deck stain on the market.

Every deck that I have ever seen Behrused on has failed. At that point the deck needs to be completely stripped. It will cost you more money in the end by using Behr. Use a quality stain up front with proper prep and then your only doing minimal work down the road to maintain the deck. Sikkens, Cabott, SW, BM.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved