Benjaminmoore Paint? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

benjaminmoore paint?

Is benjaminmoore paint considered as high quality paint?

Advertisement

Prissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,070

benjaminmoore paint?

Absolute Yes.

Advertisement

Matthewt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #3

benjaminmoore paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewt1970 View Post
Absolute Yes.
Where's the cheapest place I can buy Benjammoore paints?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Rewards Points: 2,000

benjaminmoore paint?

Benjamin Moore, like most other brands, has multiple lines of paint
Even their "cheapest", the "builder's quality" Super Hide line is pretty good (for what it is), but I'd only suggest that for commercial use really (like apts that get repainted every year anyway)...it's simply not as good for home re-paints (color, wear and tear, wash-ability etc.)

Really I'd suggest (at least) the premium Regal line-it's better for those reasons and more

If that's too spendy for you, I'd recommend the ben line
Technically not as good as the Regal line, but still better than the Super Hide (or any other "commercial/builder's" or DIY-focused cheap paints)

They have many other lines that have their own attributes
But as you didn't mention any real needs or desires, I won't get into those
(like painting over fresh plaster, or you have 3 dogs and 2 little kids and need wash-ability, or are doing a deep color over a light or just a deep rich color, or need to get the room back in service ASAP, want it to last as long as possible, or would like an eco-friendly "green" paint, etc.)
If it seems confusing, well...it's sort of like walking into a Toyota Dealership and saying, "I'd like a blue Toyota"
Your needs and desires...and budget will determine whether a Corolla, Prius, Camry, RAV4, or Tacoma is better for you

You will only find BM paints at local independant dealers
They are not factory owned or carried by national chains
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 530

benjaminmoore paint?

Unfortunately, locally owned includes a huge number of Ace Hardware stores which also carry BM.
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #6

benjaminmoore paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshift View Post
Benjamin Moore, like most other brands, has multiple lines of paint
Even their "cheapest", the "builder's quality" Super Hide line is pretty good (for what it is), but I'd only suggest that for commercial use really (like apts that get repainted every year anyway)...it's simply not as good for home re-paints (color, wear and tear, wash-ability etc.)

Really I'd suggest (at least) the premium Regal line-it's better for those reasons and more

If that's too spendy for you, I'd recommend the ben line
Technically not as good as the Regal line, but still better than the Super Hide (or any other "commercial/builder's" or DIY-focused cheap paints)

They have many other lines that have their own attributes
But as you didn't mention any real needs or desires, I won't get into those
(like painting over fresh plaster, or you have 3 dogs and 2 little kids and need wash-ability, or are doing a deep color over a light or just a deep rich color, or need to get the room back in service ASAP, want it to last as long as possible, or would like an eco-friendly "green" paint, etc.)
If it seems confusing, well...it's sort of like walking into a Toyota Dealership and saying, "I'd like a blue Toyota"
Your needs and desires...and budget will determine whether a Corolla, Prius, Camry, RAV4, or Tacoma is better for you

You will only find BM paints at local independant dealers
They are not factory owned or carried by national chains
Thanks very helpful opinions
Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,242

benjaminmoore paint?

Thanks very helpful opinions

Not opinions, just the facts mam.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
100 Year Family Tradition

Rewards Points: 75

benjaminmoore paint?

My family has used BM for over 40 years on high end homes like the ones you find in TPC Sawgrass as well as the shot gun homes. Never a problem when you use the higher end quality.

Every Paint manufacturer creates different lines to attract all walks of life, so every brand carries a libe that is not as much quality based as it is for the blow n go guys.

They are individually owned, so prices may vary with the amount you buy to how well you know the owner. We used to get BM Moorglo about $7 cheaper per gallon than the rest of the contractors because my Grandpa was best friends with the owner and was his first contractor to buy from him. Some things will never be the same.
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #9

benjaminmoore paint?

It is great. We painted the exterior trim on our house 15 yrs ago with BM at the same time our neighbors did. They used some Home Improvement store brand. They just started their 3rd repaint and our BM still looks as good as the day it went on. We always ask for the best product for whatever we are painting. Worth a few more dollars in the long run. We only paint when we want to change color... never because of a bad finish or look. ALSO... their staff is always knowledgable and able to help answer any questions or offer options for your project. My local store has even opened products and demonstrated application techniques...not the kind of service you can find anymore. I am sold on BM products.
Jeanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
100 Year Family Tradition

Rewards Points: 75

benjaminmoore paint?

We only paint when we want to change color... never because of a bad finish or look. .[/quote]

If you had a bad finish on your home you would not try and correct it or make the person who painted it to fix it?

I am just trying to get a grasp on what you said.
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #11

Smile

benjaminmoore paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ThGeneration View Post
We only paint when we want to change color... never because of a bad finish or look. .

If you had a bad finish on your home you would not try and correct it or make the person who painted it to fix it?

I am just trying to get a grasp on what you said.[/quote]

I guess I was not clear... sorry. I meant we have never had a bad finish... and never had peeling cracking or fading with BM paints. I should have said... it not for wanting to change a color occasionally, we may never repaint around here. And we do use the top of the line BM paint that is appropriate for the project. Bottom line... when it comes to paint... I think it is worth while to spend a little more per gallon and get a lasting finish that you will be happy with for a long time.
Jeanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,242

benjaminmoore paint?

. I think it is worth while to spend a little more per gallon and get a lasting finish that you will be happy with for a long time.

I wish all home owners thought like that!

Advertisement

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote