Benjamin Moore Exterior Flat Latex Paint Warranty - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Benjamin Moore exterior flat latex paint warranty

Does any one know what exactly is warranty covered under Benjamin Moore exterior flat latex paint.
We have severe issue with siding and never thought about it could be paint/primer used.

When we painted our house, our contractor invited Benjamin moore rep to review the condition of the house and if chosen primer and paint was right for our house. He did confirmed and told us, we are with good hand.

However. paint job did not work out. First year, paint started cracking like alligator.

Based on situation, we did talk Benjamin Moore 2 years ago and asked rep to come by to see what is problem with our siding and paint problem.

He did not spend much time, as he arrived and left with only few words.

He remembered our house and he said, this is not covered by their warranty and left.

I did talk to paint store and was adivsed, check on warranty period.
If warranty is within, we should send in our paint chip to talk to paint manufacture to see if this problem is from their primer and paint.

I am having hard time because pretty much entire front and some portion of south side of building has bad paint issue.

We did not have this problem prior to painting and it has been awhile and not sure if we have chance to talk to them to review our problem.

I have checked out website info and it says, "Lifetime warranty (see label for details)".

I was hoping to receive some helpful hints on warranty related information prior to contacting paint manufacture.

Advertisement

Andee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

What line of Ben Moore paint and primer was used??

Advertisement

Last edited by mazzonetv; 06-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.
mazzonetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

[QUOTE="mazzonetv"]What line of Ben Moore paint and primer was used??

You may be able to get Ben Moore to supply replacement paint at no charge, but I would be shocked if they cover any labor.

Can you post some pics? You should not have those problems after a year. There are a lot of variables that could contribute to this. Just remember, most paint failures are caused by prep and not the paint - not saying this is the case here but it is something to keep in mind.

By the way - I originally for some reason read five years, not first year, so I edited this post accordingly.
mazzonetv is offline   Reply With Quote