Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

Share |

Behr paint

Doing some home renovations...bought Behr paint at Home Depot. At first I thought the paint brush was shedding. Used several different ones and I still had pieces of stuff on my finished wall...I'm convinced it's the paint. Unfortunately the living room walls are all done...I'm thinking the only solution to get smooth walls is sand the walls and repaint or I live with the bumpy walls. Any other solution short of taking the time and expense of redoing them. Any thoughts?

mjricemonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #2

Behr paint

Unfortunately you will have to sand and repaint...or live with crumbs on your walls. My suggestion before you paint is to strain your paint. You can go to the store and buy a strainer, but if your cheap like me :P I just save my Hunnys old nylon stockings and use one of them.
Just cut about 10-12 inches off the foot and stretch it across a clean can and pour your paint into the stocking.
If you dont want to use your hand to squeeze the paint through just press the stocking to the side of the can with your brush and pull the stocking out of the can. You can rinse the stocking and reuse it or just toss it out.

P Marage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #3

Behr paint

Buy the better brand of paint brushes. Can I ask why you are using a brush for living room walls?

Unless you meant the rollers are shedding....buy the contractors grade 3/8 nap (3) to a pack you will be alot happier with them and they will clean up better with soap and water, and great for re-using. Or just toss them out.If you were using the 1/2 nap type and stored it in the fridge over night in plastic wrap, it may have dried out a bit. Then when you went to use it the next day the fibers would have become tacky and no matter what using it back on the wall would pull the fibers off of it.

If the paint is a little on the thick side add a bit of water or a conditioner that Home Depot also sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjricemonica View Post
Doing some home renovations...bought Behr paint at Home Depot. At first I thought the paint brush was shedding. Used several different ones and I still had pieces of stuff on my finished wall...I'm convinced it's the paint. Unfortunately the living room walls are all done...I'm thinking the only solution to get smooth walls is sand the walls and repaint or I live with the bumpy walls. Any other solution short of taking the time and expense of redoing them. Any thoughts?
Coral Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #4

Behr paint

I prefer 1/4 nap on smooth walls but they are hard to find. Everyone seems to want to sell the 3/8.
Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #5

Behr paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjricemonica View Post
First off, even a rich man cannot afford cheap paint!!! Your main problem is using a crappy paint like Behr. I would suggest spending a few bucks more (33.95 or abouts) for a good quality paint. It's easier to use, more scrubbable, and has less junk in the paint. I am refering to Pratt and Lambert's interior Accolade line. They won J.D. Power's best interior paint award, beating out even Ben Moore, Dunn Edwards, Glidden, Behr, RALPH LAUREN, ect! Second, a good brush helps too. I only recommend the best brushes available, CORONA. They are even better than purdy, and usually, a dollar or two less. Remember, by using better quality materials, you save money by using less of your precious time to achieve the results you desire. http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2010074. http://www.coronabrushes.com/corona/...event=showHome

Last edited by hammerheart14; 09-02-2010 at 10:38 PM.
hammerheart14 is offline   Reply With Quote