Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #1

Share |

Behr paint

I have read about your comments on Behr paint. so I am guessing this is the problem I am having and it must be the paint I am using. I have picked out the colors that I wanted to use and the interior decorator that works at Home Depot recommended Behr paint. We had decided before to go to glidden but she seemed to know more that I did and even gave me some real good pointers as well as adding a nother color because if I painted everyting in the house that I wouldn't like it later because of there would not be nothing to accent my room and bath and etc. what she said made since and I am glad for that advice. But i have been on the same room for 3 wks now on and off because I have ran in to a snag which the the paint isn't even the same in places. Not even, thought I was dry walling but I buffed it and repainted it and it was a little better but I'm wanting it to look as close to perfect as I can. So I rebuffed last night and repainted it again and the same thing. I'm using behr low premium plus eggshell. And I have done some odds abd ends inside and outside painting and staining before but have never had nothing like to happen before and I have started on the second gallon and I have a nother color as well as the gloss trim paint that I was also going to paint my closet. I can't get no where with this and I am so fustrated. Can someone tell me what I need to do and i do want the eggshell because I don't want to use flat paint. I don't know what to do with the paint I have which my son in- law is a painter and hopefully will come all this way and help me out but we'll have to see. Not sure if he will come this far but I've got to find a solution so i can get moved on to the next!
Thanks, Harley123

Last edited by Harley123; 03-07-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Harley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Behr paint

Go to a paint store an get some real paint, after that you will probably not have any problems.

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
Rcon (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
remodeling pro

Behr paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
Go to a paint store an get some real paint, after that you will probably not have any problems.
No truer words are spoken.

Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams. Two rollers full and you will know the difference between real paint and tinted water.

Glidden is like Pittsburg; in the old days they were quality products, but not any longer.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Finisher

Behr paint

Premium Plus is complete garbage. I did a product test with that stuff and it was absolutely horrible.

My advice is to stop trying to make a worthless, crappy paint look good - it isn't going to happen. Instead, go buy a gallon of real paint from Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams, scuff sand your walls and start painting again. You will be amazed at the difference.

It always amazes me that people will buy the cheapest paint available to save $20, yet don't realize that the time they'll save working with a better product is far, far more valuable.
Rcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Behr paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubleseeker View Post
No truer words are spoken.

Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams. Two rollers full and you will know the difference between real paint and tinted water.

Glidden is like Pittsburg; in the old days they were quality products, but not any longer.
Paint store Pittsburg is still alright. Why they are allowing their brand name to be tarnished with the the absolute crap sold under the same in Menard's baffles me. At least SW hides theirs under the Dutch Boy label. Ben Moore is still my fave with Sherwin Williams a close second. Paint store paint only!!!!
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #6

Behr paint

Know what someone said about Walmart? Walmart seems to sell the "crappy version "of pretty well everything.

Now this may or may not be true, I don't know but I don't think it is far off the mark. In an effort to make things affordable to people whose religion is "Saving Money", then they're right where they should be: at the top.

Oh yeah, you can buy $15 a gallon paint there- at $15 no less! but once you've painted a wall with it, all you will be out is $15.

The way I see Home Depot and Behr is HD know people are going to pick up some paint at a nice, big, bright hardware store, So they 'market' to you by setting up a nice glossy, colourful, stand near the front door, filled with nice looking gallon pails, simply to entice you into spending $35 for a gallon of a paint. Millions of people do that, so they're making money alright.

Trouble is, the paint is inferior in quality. Some of us value their paint at $10 a gallon...they charge you $35 to pay for the store - not the paint. So you've been had.

Paint is a money-maker for HD and Behr - doesn't do much for you but lighten your wallet.

Some of us wish we didn't have to keep on closing the door after the horse has long gone...

“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote