Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Share |
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Hey guys. New to the site, at least posting but I have been looking at other posts. I see that people seem to hate Behr paint products.. what about CIL Dulux? I'm fixing up my bathroom ceiling and happen to come across this site. I've scraped the stipple/popcorn off the ceiling, sanded, mud, sanded, mud again.. and sanded the final time. So now I'm ready to prime and paint. I have CIL Dulux Kitchen & Bath Latex paint and a corresponding primer. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thx from a noob.

OptimusPrimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 6,652
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


You should be good to go.

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Rubbin walls since'79
 
Brushjockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 2,518
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Sounds right to me- prime with real primer- 2 coats of an appropriate finish FTW!
__________________
"It's better to come here with questions before you screw up than to come here after and ask how to fix them."- JS
Brushjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
paper hanger and painter
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 6,652
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushjockey View Post
Sounds right to me- prime with real primer- 2 coats of an appropriate finish FTW!

had to look that one up
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 2,392
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
had to look that one up
Well. What was it? I'm thinking Fut the Wuck.
jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: se
Posts: 1,238
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimer View Post
Hey guys. New to the site, at least posting but I have been looking at other posts. I see that people seem to hate Behr paint products.. what about CIL Dulux? I'm fixing up my bathroom ceiling and happen to come across this site. I've scraped the stipple/popcorn off the ceiling, sanded, mud, sanded, mud again.. and sanded the final time. So now I'm ready to prime and paint. I have CIL Dulux Kitchen & Bath Latex paint and a corresponding primer. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thx from a noob.
Have fun painting- surely, the hard work has been done already.
__________________
Alexander Pope: [a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing]
noquacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Rubbin walls since'79
 
Brushjockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 2,518
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheridan View Post
Well. What was it? I'm thinking Fut the Wuck.

For The Win... must not be a gamer+1 lol
__________________
"It's better to come here with questions before you screw up than to come here after and ask how to fix them."- JS
Brushjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 2,392
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushjockey View Post
For The Win... must not be a gamer+1 lol
I guessed it? I haven't played a game, other than solitaire, on a computer or tv since Pong and Asteroids on Atari. Does that make me old, boring, or old and boring? Did I really guess it?
jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheridan View Post
Well. What was it? I'm thinking Fut the Wuck.
I am a born again, 57 year old virgin that never inhaled---anything---and fully admit that my mushroom hunting days were for culinary purposes.

Those of you trying to disguise the language of the devil so your clever phrases pass under the radar of the the monitors of this site disgust me. Could you at least download the bar code reader and creator programs to your smartphones so as you foul mouth fools spout off us God loving and God fearing sorts don't have to wade through it all.

As I was told. This is a family site and somewhere in America there is a little boy, five or so, that does not know about what WTF means.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by noquacks View Post
Have fun painting- surely, the hard work has been done already.
Yep. Did two coats of prime today and will do one coat of paint tomorrow. Taking my time and doing it right.

I'm relatively new to dry walling and to some degree painting so I just want to make sure it's done the right way.
OptimusPrimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 AM   #11
paper hanger and painter
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 6,652
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimer View Post
Yep. Did two coats of prime today and will do one coat of paint tomorrow. Taking my time and doing it right.

I'm relatively new to dry walling and to some degree painting so I just want to make sure it's done the right way.

Well ,FYI,( sorry sdester) 1 coat of primer is all you need

1 primer, 2 finish is the standard, 2 prime coats is just a waste of time and material.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
Well ,FYI,( sorry sdester) 1 coat of primer is all you need

1 primer, 2 finish is the standard, 2 prime coats is just a waste of time and material.
Did I suggest two coats of primer somewhere? Typo if I did.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
paper hanger and painter
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 6,652
Default

Before I open my prime/paint...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Did I suggest two coats of primer somewhere? Typo if I did.

No, I was being sarcastic about the FYI

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to best filter water for open loop geothermal Jim S. HVAC 6 07-05-2012 04:12 PM
Which way should this shower door open? mynd66 Building & Construction 6 03-14-2011 01:44 PM
Open pressure switch on furnace Dale0202 HVAC 4 01-26-2011 10:35 PM
Want to use a pulley /counter weight to open metal hatch door to cellar MACrowley Building & Construction 4 02-22-2010 05:41 PM
Keeping Door Propped Open dgreco3917 Carpentry 6 09-29-2009 09:19 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.