Bedroom Dilema - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bedroom dilema

Our bedroom has been white for about five years and im finally getting around to painting it. It has hunter green carpet which seems to be the challenge. Im trying to shy away from browns unless its a small accent color. I was thinking a seafoam color but a little darker green and maybe a plum color for a small accent wall we have but can not find a comforter set that will match. Any ideas???

Advertisement

jperschka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

bedroom dilema

I would definitely search out and find your comforter before you make paint selections.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

bedroom dilema

ya that seems to be the problem I cant find any that fits what I had in mind. Then I was thinking a yellow with the a burgundy color accent wall but hence I can not find anything for that either. I swear when I do decide I buying like four of the same set.
jperschka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

bedroom dilema

While you are looking for a comforter, why not paint your room a few times with one of the virtual painting programs. Try Benjamin Moore's to start. You can either use one of the photographs similar to a room like yours or upload your own and mask it off. Then you can explore all kinds of paint combinations. Pick a color. Splash it on ceiling, wall, floor or trim, etc.

If you post a picture I can see if I can come up with somethings you might like. I have some time over the weekend..
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote