Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #1

Share |

Bathroom painting, need info about dfferent paint

I filled in paneling in a bathroom and then painted it with primer and semi-gloss, it had flashing here and there. I resanded, touched up with joint compound. I was thinking of going with a flat washable paint in the bathroom or something other than semi-gloss? Do you always use semi-gloss in a bathroom? I really need to know this before I do anything else in that room.HELP! LOL

annibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annibelle View Post
I filled in paneling in a bathroom and then painted it with primer and semi-gloss, it had flashing here and there. I resanded, touched up with joint compound. I was thinking of going with a flat washable paint in the bathroom or something other than semi-gloss? Do you always use semi-gloss in a bathroom? I really need to know this before I do anything else in that room.HELP! LOL

No, either one of these or any Kitchen and Bath product from a real paint store will work fine. Just noticed that the SW is in Semi gloss so forget that one
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
paper hanger and painter

OK, forget the Sherwin and get either Ben Moore or Zinnser
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #4

The only paint I would NOT use in a bathroom is FLAT. Flat tends to "crackle" in a bathroom or any room where moisture is present. A quality Satin would work just fine. As always (well, almost always) Chris is on the mark.
Gymschu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
paper hanger and painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymschu View Post
The only paint I would NOT use in a bathroom is FLAT. Flat tends to "crackle" in a bathroom or any room where moisture is present. A quality Satin would work just fine. As always (well, almost always) Chris is on the mark.

say what?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #6

Yep, guy at Benjamin Moore paints said same thing. Thanks, I haven't painted yet. My brother brought me some light beigh satin finished Valspar and I may used that. It is a nice color and I was going to use some decorative painting in there I could still use the semi-gloss and may mix a little of it with the same brand and color of a flat. Hopefully, if I stir it real well it would blend well enough to use in smaller area. I will mix up a small batch first. The Valspar was mismatched paint for 5$ and it was 2 gallons of it and these seem to be a perfect match color wise, so I will want to use it somewhere. I am too frugal not too. Thanks,

annibelle is offline   Reply With Quote