In our yard, we have a "glass wall system" that is peeling horribly. See http://www.pixgroup.com/fence/fence_hill.jpg
I'm not sure the history (since we bought the home used), but it appears what we we have is…
- Aluminum fenceposts
- Original surface was white powder coating.
- Someone attempted to paint over the white coating with black paint
- Black paint is peeling off
You can see all the layers in http://www.pixgroup.com/fence/fence_closeup.jpg
This was obviously a very poor job, and I'm not sure how to fix it.
1) Is there a chemical (or process) that can strip both the paint and powder coating off?
2) After stripping, what sort of paint should I use on the aluminum posts (so the paint won't strip again)?
3) Any other advice for us?
Thank you so much for your help!