Airless Sprayer Help - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Airless sprayer help

My dad gave me an older airless sprayer (Amspray 5/8hp). It's been idle for several years now. He broke the gun as it slid off the roof onto the deck years ago. It is a GX-07 and cannot be rebuilt. Also, the hose has a small leak at the joint where the nut is coupled to the hose (can this be repaired?).

I spent 5+ hours disassembling everything I could, cleaning out all the gunk, and got it up and running. It appears to work just fine, the bearings were lubed and seem to be okay, the pump is squeaky clean as I spent at least an hour just on that section, but I cannot tell if it will build proper pressure because of the hose leak and no gun. It primes just fine. I would like to make sure it builds pressure before I drop $120+ on a gun, hose and intake pipe (the original one is plastic and the treads do not seal well. It won't prime unless you hold it at the right angle in order to seal the pipe with the valve).

I was thinking of just going to Lowes and getting a matching thread size bolt and putting it in place of where the hose comes out. That way it can build pressure, or am I going to blow up the neighborhood? I've got about 100 sqft of lattice to paint as well as all the interior doors in the house. This would make all of that about 100 times easier.

Any thoughts? Thank!

Advertisement

brian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Drywall and Painting Pro

Rewards Points: 330

Airless sprayer help

I'm not familar with tht machine.

WARNING!!! But be very careful of a leak in the hose or hose housing! Even the smallest hole could inject paint or anything that is going through it into your blood stream. Resulting in Death.WARNING!!!

Advertisement

Checkout some of my How to videos->How to Secrets from a Drywall Finisher
Sir MixAlot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Airless sprayer help

BUy a new hose..
http://store.spraymallstore.com/aipaspholean.html
UFoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Airless sprayer help

I'll buy a new hose once I figure out if the machine is working properly. I am still wondering if I can plug the outlet where the hose connects with something to see if the machine will build and hold pressure properly. Also, I keep reading about the "packing" on these machines. What exactly is that? The pump assembly? If I need to drop another $50 on this part, plus hose, plus new gun, plus intake pipe, I'm wondering if I'm better off buying something new. Now I know why my dad was so quick to say "here, you can have it. I don't want it back."
brian_ is offline   Reply With Quote