Air Sprayer Does Not Work - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

air sprayer does not work

Hey guys and gals, I just found this forum. I have a craftsman air sprayer that does not work, not sure of the model. It will spray air but will not spray paint. For some reason it is not building up pressure. It used to me grandpa's sprayer and he said it has never been used, which it has because I took it apart trying to figure it out and it was covered in paint. I am sure it has set awhile but don't know how long. Thanks for any help in advance.

I have another sprayer that I have been using and to me it seems that it does put out that much paint. I have to go real slow and get real close for it to cover good. Can this be fixed by using a different tip? Where would you buy different tips at? The paint I am using recommends a 0.13 or a 0.15 tip but I have no clue what kind of tip I am using.

Advertisement

Last edited by Termite; 08-19-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Link removed
memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Glad to see you made it here memory! I guess the link worked out for you.
Have you taken the needle assembly apart and cleaned with some lacquer thinner? Does it have a little hose that goes from the cup to the gun that needs cleaned?

Advertisement

Last edited by Workaholic; 08-18-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Hi, yes the link you provided worked and thanks. It seems that I have got it working. All I did was take apart the pieces that attaches to the cup and put it back to together and now it sprays fine. Sorry for wasting your time on that.

What about different tips? Where can you buy them at?
memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Coatings Nerd

Rewards Points: 250

Check on the brand of sprayer, some you can replace tips, others have an adjustable tip, depends on the brand. Or maybe a pic of the gun if you dont know what brand.

I sell, rent, and repair most airless sprayers so I should be able to answer if I have a bit more info.
NCpaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote