DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

2 Part Epoxy Paint Touch Up Tips

12K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mark942 
#1 · (Edited)
I finished painting my garage floor using a 2 Part Epoxy coating. After finishing half of the floor the first day, I noticed the following day some spots where I wasn't keeping the roller wet enough and the concrete was showing through. I needed to finish the 2nd half of the floor, so after activating the new kit to cover the remaining garage floor, I lightly touched up using the activated kit with a brush on the spots that weren't covered completely from the previous day. Now, after completing the entire floor 3 days later, I can noticeably see those spots that were touched up. They show up much glossier than the rest of the dried floor.

How can I bring down the gloss in those touched up spots, and also, how can bring down the gloss on the overlaps that dried glossier?
I also used a small 4 inch roller in one small area on the 1st day of the project instead of a brush which caused THAT particular spot to dry with a DULL ring around it (much duller than the rest of the dried floor). Is there any way to correct this ring that I touched up too?
P.S. I used Behr 2 part epoxy coating (semi gloss, light gray color) and sparingly sprinkled decorative paint chips.

#3 · (Edited)
Mark942,
I sprinkled decorative paint chips during the job. I'm pretty sure another coat of light grey colored epoxy would cause the paint chips to show up as a 'shadow' underneath the second coat and cover up the different colors in the chips.

Did you mean apply another coat in 'clear' epoxy to get the best results ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.