Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Super Master Painter

Share |

1 day house painting

i just found this online ..................this should make for an interesting discussion
http://1dayhousepainting.com/one-day-house-painting-faq

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
ltd

1 day house painting

sounds like those surplus army jeeps for 25 dollars.mabey earl scheib paint your car any cay 29.95.whats a day my day is 8.30 to 4.30 i dont see it.i mean maybe a crew on a new ranch 3 bedroom stained wood work. who knows nascar can change 4 tires, gas,adjustments ,in 14 seconds.

ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Super Master Painter

1 day house painting

............i mean its definitely possible but only with certain homes and certain situations............very favorable situations that is

earl scheib
Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #4

1 day house painting

If it sounds too good to be true.....
gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
paper hanger and painter

1 day house painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2rjc View Post
If it sounds too good to be true.....
because it is
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #6

1 day house painting

If it's an exterior paint job it could easily be done. Back when I first started painting 32 years ago, I worked for a painting contractor for two weeks one summer. He had a crew of about 30 guys, I never even met them all. One group would arrive at the job early in the morning, prep and cover everything that need to be covered with plastic. Then the spray crew would arrive and spray out the body. Prep crew would return and remove all plastic, 3rd crew would come in and brush out the trim and doors. I was on the trim crew, there were 10 of us and we could paint all the trim and doors on your average sized home in a couple hours.

This was a well oiled machine. The 1st group, the prep and plastic guys would get the house ready, then while the spay crew were doing their thing, the prep and plastic guys would be prepping the next house. Each crew would just go from one job to the next.

I only lasted two weeks because this was just not the type of work I was looking for. Although the system ran well, the owner of the business cut to many corners for my liking. In my time there we did 11 houses, 8 of the 11 were top quality paint jobs, but 3 I felt were not, very thin coat on the body on those 3 and it was not up to my standards. Those jobs should have had a second coat, but the boss said it was only bid for one, so that's what it got, so I left and went into business for myself.

However, it can be done.

Last edited by JMDPainting; 02-23-2011 at 08:21 AM.
JMDPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #7

1 day house painting

I'm shocked that Ole started this thread and finds it unbelievable. At the rate he brushes, I'd think he'd have it done by lunch, by himself lol.
Just pokin' some fun at you Ole.
jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
NACE Coating Inspector

1 day house painting

jmd, was it hard for those guys to tape the windows while the walls were still wet from being washed. thats how you paint a house in a day, just skip the cleaning part. i dont blame you for leaving that place.
mustangmike3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
nap
You talking to me?

1 day house painting

1 day? No problem.

Just realize they are speaking of God's days.

speaking of that reminds me of a joke.

a man was speaking with God. He was curious about the Earth being created and populated in 6 days and how God could do it in such a short time. God said: you have to understand, a day for me is not the same as a day for you. If time was money, a day for me, would be a penny and a day for man would be a million dollars.

The man thought for a moment. His eyes brightened and he looked to God and said; God, could I borrow a penny?

God said sure but you'll have to hold on for a minute.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #10

1 day house painting

HAve you ever seen the film of completly building a house from a dirt patch in one day......to code?
beerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
nap
You talking to me?

1 day house painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdog View Post
HAve you ever seen the film of completly building a house from a dirt patch in one day......to code?
yes.

Now, would I allow my house to be built in 1 day? Not a chance. Some things simply take time.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
A Little Of Everything

1 day house painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole34 View Post
i just found this online ..................this should make for an interesting discussion
http://1dayhousepainting.com/one-day-house-painting-faq
.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
I thought the "Beware 'Joe The Painter'" page was interesting - and ironic, all things considered...

http://1dayhousepainting.com/beware-joe-the-painter

DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote