Is 1 Coat Enough? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 30
Rewards Points: 25
Default

Is 1 coat enough?


Hi everyone, I just applied one coat of BM Super Spec Primer over blue Humitek Drywall in my bathroom. I would say 95% of is covered and the other 5% you can see some blue showing through. Do I need to buy another gallon and put a second coat on - or is one coat enough?

Cheers,
Jason

Advertisement

moosejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
NAV
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 149
Rewards Points: 75
Default

Is 1 coat enough?


one is enough. the blue you painted over isn't going to bleed through your finish coat. the only reason to prime over dark colors is because the primer is cheaper than the top coat and it will save you money.

I use 2 finish coats on all of my interior walls - even same color over same color. it's rare for a dark color to take 3 coats of anything if you know how to paint.

Advertisement

NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cracks in stucco scratch coat - is this normal? chadurban Building & Construction 5 05-25-2009 11:55 PM
do I have to sand my first coat of semi-gloss on ceilingbefore I apply the 2nd coat? newbpainter Painting 6 04-07-2009 10:01 PM
Can you put brown coat on if it's going to rain? Not Sure Building & Construction 3 03-23-2009 07:57 AM
stucco finish coat efaxsteph Building & Construction 2 03-24-2008 07:23 PM
Round 2 & 2nd coat question usaalways Painting 5 06-24-2007 09:20 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts