Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Stay-at-home GC

Share |

Why I can't let go....

My coffee fueled rant for the morning.

As some of you know I'm trying to do a Koi pond in my backyard. I'm in way over my head on the slab and masonry aspects of it (if I could frame it 16 OC I'd be done by now ).

So, my wife keeps pushing get it done, get it done. So I decide I'm going to Sub out some of it.

Go online looking at Polyurea WP coatings and I find a guy posting all over about how smooth your concrete substrate needs to be before starting your spray.

SMOOTH??!!! I mention it to my wife who's never picked up a hammer in her life and she says, "that doesn't make any sense".

Sure enough two web links later is an academic article from Bayer Coatings saying how 80% of Polyurea applications that fail, fail because the substrate is improperly prepared and another article listing the American Concrete Institute's recommended Concrete Surface Profile number be between 4 and 6 (1/8" grooves practically a scratch coat!).

Now, to be fair, it appears that the guy who was recommending smooth substrates is out of business but how many ponds did he do wrong before he went bust!

Anybody know where I can rent a Polyurea Spray Rig? Looks like I'm going to have to do that myself too.

Here ends my coffee fueled rant.

Some days, my Life needs a Rewind/Erase Button.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CplDevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Pro Slate Roofer

Why I can't let go....

Just google 'Tom Hay'. He's the inventor and may have one handy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote