Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #151
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Share |
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


An idiot is currently being viciously attacked by aliens?
















We should help the aliens!

DM

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #152
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,556
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


I've gone off the deep end with Leah but it turns out she's alright in my book.

I've told World Elitist Ironmen Champions such as Chris McCormack what I think of them without remorse, told them to kiss my ass and then some so anyone else is kind of, well, not really worthy. I've told Dan Empfield to kiss my ass and I still to this day stand by my words and always will and you can tell him, he is more than aware. Now ask me about Jordan Rapp. Completely different playing field, myself and him.

I know many world athletic champions. I've trained with some, even wear their personal jerseys given to me after they've won world cycling/Ironman titles so again everything and anyone I may tell off after me telling off those types of people what is what without regard to their status is punitive at best and believe you me I could care less who you are. If you want to go head to head, I'm your man.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Holliday For This Useful Post:
Leah Frances (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #153
A Little Of Everything
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 2,119
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I've gone off the deep end with Leah but it turns out she's alright in my book.

I've told World Elitist Ironmen Champions such as Chris McCormack what I think of them without remorse, told them to kiss my ass and then some so anyone else is kind of, well, not really worthy. I've told Dan Empfield to kiss my ass and I still to this day stand by my words and always will and you can tell him, he is more than aware. Now ask me about Jordan Rapp. Completely different playing field, myself and him.

I know many world athletic champions. I've trained with some, even wear their personal jerseys given to me after they've won world cycling/Ironman titles so again everything and anyone I may tell off after me telling off those types of people what is what without regard to their status is punitive at best and believe you me I could care less who you are. If you want to go head to head, I'm your man.

I thought you died in 1887.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrHicks For This Useful Post:
Doc Holliday (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #154
A Little Of Everything
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 2,119
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Regarding the "latest discussed thread" where a grandma was concerned about the tile dust that she, her son-in-law, and grandson were breathing...

There is no excuse for the way she was treated. I'm sure she won't come back to this forum, and I don't blame her.

She had every right to be concerned - even paranoid. And she had every right to ask what some of us might consider to be stupid questions.

The sad truth is that, for some reason, this forum has become more of a Smartassville than a Help Forum. That crap needs to be stopped, or this forum will eventually decline to the point of irrelevance.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrHicks For This Useful Post:
VIPlumber (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #155
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,556
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
Regarding the "latest discussed thread" where a grandma was concerned about the tile dust that she, her son-in-law, and grandson were breathing...

There is no excuse for the way she was treated. I'm sure she won't come back to this forum, and I don't blame her.

She had every right to be concerned - even paranoid. And she had every right to ask what some of us might consider to be stupid questions.

The sad truth is that, for some reason, this forum has become more of a Smartassville than a Help Forum. That crap needs to be stopped, or this forum will eventually decline to the point of irrelevance.
Not certain the story behind that but it sounds way out of place for this forum. I never would have thought that that could or has happened here.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #156
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,556
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
I thought you died in 1887.

My real name is Roadhouse, derived from my road cycling desire to dominate anyone and anything that moves.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #157
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,780
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
Regarding the "latest discussed thread" where a grandma was concerned about the tile dust that she, her son-in-law, and grandson were breathing...

There is no excuse for the way she was treated. I'm sure she won't come back to this forum, and I don't blame her.

She had every right to be concerned - even paranoid. And she had every right to ask what some of us might consider to be stupid questions.

The sad truth is that, for some reason, this forum has become more of a Smartassville than a Help Forum. That crap needs to be stopped, or this forum will eventually decline to the point of irrelevance.
Guess I missed that thread.
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #158
A Little Of Everything
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 2,119
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty baker View Post
Guess I missed that thread.
She asked a legitimate question. And, as is typically the case here, she got several legitimate answers. But then there had to be the idiot-stick who chimes in with "Paranoid much??? Google it!!!" And, of course, several other hecklers had to join in.

What may seem like a stupid question to us is not a stupid question to the people who have never been in the situation before.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #159
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


I always tell everyone here there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

DM
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #160
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,780
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


I had a poster accuse me of bashing them a couple days ago, when I told them to go back and read what they had posted because it made no sense. Here is part of what they posted. "Since this is a "floating&quott "

I don't think they ever reread what they posted. Soms days, you just can't win.
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #161
DIY Hack
 
Mr Chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 1,302
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty baker View Post
I had a poster accuse me of bashing them a couple days ago, when I told them to go back and read what they had posted because it made no sense. Here is part of what they posted. "Since this is a "floating&quott " .
that looks like messed up html code. It probably should have been
Since this is a "floating"

it may have looked right in their browser, which would explain why they thought you were bashing them. I missed the thread, so this isn't directed at your response directly ( since i didn't see it) but some of you guys can come across a little too strong sometimes IMO
__________________
Those who can, do...
Those who can't criticize on the internet
Mr Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #162
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,780
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


I was just trying to help, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #163
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty baker View Post
I was just trying to help, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.
I think all of our REAL members wonder that every day! The trolls and troublemakers.... not so much.

DM
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #164
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,556
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
She asked a legitimate question. And, as is typically the case here, she got several legitimate answers. But then there had to be the idiot-stick who chimes in with "Paranoid much??? Google it!!!" And, of course, several other hecklers had to join in.

What may seem like a stupid question to us is not a stupid question to the people who have never been in the situation before.

Since I mainly post on this forum in my trade, hvac, I don't seem to see that. I can not say the same of other hvac forums where I have witnessed that type of "Holier Than Though" attitude. And from supposed grown men..? Idiots.

This place I've always felt, uhm, relaxed. Yup, relaxed.

Anywho...
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #165
Mod
 
kwikfishron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas (NCK)
Posts: 7,218
Default

Who posts here? or My Soapbox Minute


Close this stupid thread already, put it out of it’s misery.

__________________
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Especially In The DIY Chatroom
kwikfishron is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kwikfishron For This Useful Post:
VIPlumber (08-31-2011)
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guidance needed for deck support posts Mike Loyd Building & Construction 4 08-23-2009 07:03 PM
Deck Posts replacement with load bearing columns from Pacific Columns, Inc Bruce Wilson Building & Construction 7 05-24-2009 02:55 PM
help settling porch posts - a dilemma. wombosi Carpentry 9 10-10-2008 12:01 AM
Q:Temp support to replace beam and posts on deck dougq Building & Construction 10 09-02-2008 04:24 PM
Cracks in pressure treated posts (4x4s, 6x6s) Deck Building & Construction 8 05-15-2008 10:57 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.